Friday, May 29, 2009

Backyard Addition!


Zack has been hard at work in our own yard! He created a cool fire pit area and planted some trees around it. I am amazed at his creativity and love for landscaping. I planted some seeds with the kids and a few veggie starts, one has already been eaten by bugs :(. We love the summer and spending time in the outdoors, and now I love spending time in MY backyard! Our goal is to have a back yard you can feast on. So far we have strawberries, raspberries and black berries that come back every year. Hopefully we can get some berries to harvest this year, so far the strawberries are looking good (and tasting good too!). Also my herb garden is looking good too, with spearmint, chives, and sage going strong....basil, thyme and rosemary on the way!! We hope to add a grape vine this year when zack makes us some shade over our patio (I cant think of the word he always uses for it.). Also there are dreams of an apple tree, peach tree and or a pear tree, wish us Luck!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SWEET!

TAYBEL said...

Wow, that looks awesome Heather. I can't wait to see it all in person.
Everytime Abbel & I visit, there's always something new to see. I love it.

Lisa said...

I can't wait for an invitation to a backyard bbq! It looks really nice!